Pages

Monday 10 January 2011

**SONG OF THE MONTH**


So I'm late on the bandwagon with this one but cut me some slack, I'm juggling a lot of balls at the moment. To be honest I'm battling with a whole basket full of balls all ready to drop at any second but enough about my life let's get back to blogging.

Warpaint, Warpaint, Warpaint. Those are the only words that have been able to slip through music journalists lips these days after being knocked senseless by the quartet's stunning debut The Fool. Even the NME, who are not known for focusing on female artists, put them on their cover in December.

'Undertow' is a an epic song that doesn't trapse down the usual paths most songs do. Instead of blunt, in your face riffs Warpaint opt for lulling melodies that gently dance around your head and whisper the song into your ear.

Warpaint are a band that do not rely on gimmicks, trends or name dropping to get them anywhere instead they simply let the music speak for itself.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I had never heard of them. Really great stuff.

    ReplyDelete