Pages

Friday 11 March 2011

**MIXTAPE ALERT** You Remember The 90s Don't Cha


In the last few weeks the 90s has taken over my life even more than it usually does. At the end of February I DJed at a 90s night in north London and at the beginning of April I'll be djing at another night in Dalston (I know I'm in demand at the moment).

As a result I have been indulging in the coolest and cheesiest parts of the nineties (you'll know what I mean when you listen to the mixtape) and it has been heaven.

Readers of my blog will probably know that I tend to favour artists from this splendid decade and for good reason. The 90s gave the world PJ Harvey, riot grrrl, the best rnb girl group and pop music that you could line dance to (Steps). LINE DANCING. Line dancing, why of all things did they try and impose that on us when we were merely impressionable youngsters. Anywho enjoy this mix and if I've missed out something obviously cheesy let me know.

Tracklisting:
You Oughta Know- Alanis Morissette
Bills, Bills, Bills- Destiny's Child
Words And Guitar- Sleater-Kinney
Cannonball- Breeders
Ch-Check It Out- Beastie Boys
Barbie Girl [Radio Edit]- Aqua
Feed the Tree- Belly
Straight- Veruca Salt
Meet Ze Monsta- PJ Harvey
Scooby Snacks- Fun Lovin' Criminals
Celebrity Skin- Hole
Doo Wop (That Thing)- Lauryn Hill
Are You That Somebody- Aaliyah
Bitch- Meredith Brooks
Birdhouse in Your Soul- They Might Be Giants
Here- Luscious Jackson
Mulder And Scully- Catatonia
Superball- Helium
Bright Yellow Gun- Throwing Muses
Kiss Me- Sixpence None The Richer
Pure Morning- Placebo
Parklife- Blur

No comments:

Post a Comment