Pages

Monday 26 December 2011

**MIXTAPE ALERT** Best of 2011


So it's the end of another year in music and, in my opinion, it's been a goodun'.

A year that featured Peej's astounding second Mercury prize win, Beyonce winning over a cynical Glastonbury crowd with sparkly pants and a whole lotta weave during her headline set and Warpaint's dreamy debut album is a year that should be celebrated and celebrated it will be.

And, yes I know there are slightly bigger music websites like Pitchfork and The Quietus that may be putting together an end of the year review but I believe nothing will top my review because I, dear readers, have Azealia Banks, Sneakpeek and Katy B. Nothing beats that hand.

NB. This mixtape is best enjoyed whilst getting ready for a New Year's Eve party complete with cheap wine and badly applied eye liner.

Tracklisting:
1. 212- Azealia Banks
2. Walk All Over Me- Sneakpeek
3. Bizness- Tune Yards
4. Undertow- Warpaint
5. The Words That Maketh Murder- PJ Harvey
6. My Mistakes- Eleanor Friedberger
7. Gulags For Slags- Suburban Mousewives
8. On a Mission- Katy B
9. Heaven- Emeli Sande
10. White Hot Fantasy- SPF 5000
11. Till The End Of Time- Beyonce
12. I Heard You Say- Vivian Girls
13. Mother Knows Best- Throwing Up
14. I'm Not Stupid- Cat's Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment