Pages

Sunday 1 April 2012

**SONG OF THE MONTH** Trailer Trash Tracys


I heard about the Trailer Trash Tracys a while ago, back in the day when I was interning at Plan B magazine. My task for the day was to find out more about a of couple of up and coming bands at the time, one of them being Trailer Trash Tracys.

I thought it would be an easy task but after hours and hours of searching all I could find about them on the internet was one extremely sparse Last FM page. Not very useful to me at all. Fast forward three years later and TTTs are everywhere and they're only going to get bigger.

The main reason I love this band also is because when I hear their name I think of an old time country band with banjos and homely looking women screaming their lungs out.

TTTs are obviously nothing like that. Their brand of spaced out, electro fuzz is perfect for those who want to reminise about the good old days when bands like My Bloody Valentine, Jesus and Mary Chain and Mazzy Star ruled the indie world. They're essentially the 80s in smaller, cooler, better dressed nutshell. Now I don't know about you but, I, for one, am excited about that whole idea.





www.trailertrashtracys.com

No comments:

Post a Comment